Address: 7,8, Gulmarg Complex, 1st Floor, Sapna Sangeeta Road, Snehnagar, Indore,, Madhya Pradesh 452001, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452001
Speech therapy is an intervention service that focuses on improving a child's speech and abilities to understand and express language, including nonverbal language. Speech therapists, or speech and language pathologists, are the professionals who provide these services. Speech therapy includes two components:
1) Coordinating the mouth to produce sounds to form words and sentences. Speech therapists provide you a service to address fluency and voice volume regulation.
2) Understanding and expressing language.
Speech therapy assesses speech, language, cognitive-communication, and oral/feeding/swallowing skills to identify types of communication problems (articulation; fluency; voice; receptive and expressive language disorders, etc.) and the best way to treat them.
Speech therapists are members of the allied healthcare team. They work closely with doctors, nurses, and other therapists to diagnose problems and develop a treatment plan.
• Fluency — stuttering, and cluttering
• Speech — articulation
• Language — ability, and comprehension of spoken and written language
• Cognition — attention, memory, ability to solve problems
• Voice — characteristics of the vocal tone
Does My Child Need Speech Therapy?
Some children may have excellent pronunciation and may even be early readers, but they may need speech therapy to improve "pragmatic" language, or the process of using verbal and body language appropriately in social situations for everyday purposes such as making requests, having conversations, and making friends. Other reasons children may need speech therapy include Services often begin at a young age and continue as children enter school and start to communicate with written language.
Copyrights © 2018 InfoIndiaa. All rights reserved.